Alta Sask’s Rehab services include a Pedorthist, trained in the customizing of footwear to aid with painful or debilitating conditions of the lower limbs.
*Pedorthist services are available at our Lloydminster, Cold Lake and Meadow Lake locations.
A Pedorthist is an individual who is trained in the manufacturing, fitting and modification of foot appliances and footwear for the purposes of alleviating painful or debilitating conditions and providing assistance for abnormalities or limited actions of the lower limb.
the pedorthist provides devices and footwear to assist in:
– Accommodation of foot deformities;
– Re-alignment of anatomical structures;
– Redistribution of external and internal forces;
– Improvement of balance
– Control of function;
– Accommodation of circulatory special requirements; and,
– Enhancement of the actions of limbs compromised as a result of accident, congenital deformity, neural condition or disease.